Sunday, January 11, 2015

Humble Brag


I've been thinking about this post since the new year began. This has been an amazing year for me both personally and professionally. Personally, this past year brought me my first child. Truly a life altering event! But this is not a post about my personal life but my professional. This year, my school Matthew Thornton, was recognized by the Commissioner of Education for the state of New Hampshire for excellence in education. Matthew Thornton was named to her Circle of Excellence for bold innovation in creating educational opportunities for our students. As an administrator I am so proud of our work as a school, for my teachers and of course the students. The recognition is well deserved by all our teachers who work tirelessly for our children. 




Secondly, it was a great honor and a privilege that the Governor of New Hampshire, Maggie Hassan, came to visit our 4th graders. I had a short opportunity to talk with her and listen as she taught our students about civic responsibility. 




I am proud of many things everyday but one final recognition of note came just days before the new year. The NICHE group had completed a study of all schools nation-wide. The group used criteria such as Academics, District Experience, Teachers, and Student Culture. Matthew Thornton was ranked 15th in the state which places us in the top 5% of elementary schools in the New Hampshire. Once again, this is a great honor and recognition. It truly has been an exciting year so please forgive my humble brag. This is truly recognition for the wonderful people I have the privilege of working with everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment